Our Response To Keep You Safe
At Battery Wharf Hotel, the health and safety of our associates, guests, visitors, and vendors is our top priority. We understand the concerns which surround the COVID-19 pandemic and want to assure you we have taken extensive measures to welcome you safely to our waterfront retreat.
The Battery Wharf Hotel temporarily suspended operations on March 26, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, we have been working vigorously to reopen safely. Our 4 (four) distinct buildings afford the opportunity for natural social distancing. We encourage you to utilize outdoor walkways between buildings and the Boston Harborwalk whenever possible and invite you to participate in an outdoor fitness class in partnership with Exhale Battery Wharf, when available.
You will notice many changes that align with the new guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local Massachusetts authorities. While the following document is subject to change based on local, state, and federal guidelines and recommendations, our commitment to service will also remain paramount.
the situation remains fluid, we will be monitoring and updating any new guidelines and remain ready to adapt quickly to ensure your experience is as safe and welcoming as ever. When you’re ready to travel again, we look forward to delivering an exceptional experience. On behalf of the team at the Battery Wharf Hotel, thank you for your continued support!
Nick Teeson, General Manager
BEFORE YOU VISIT US:
VISIT THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS TRAVEL GUIDELINES WEBSITE TO STAY UP TO DATE ON TRAVEL TO MASSACHUSETTS. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2020, ALL VISITORS COMING FROM OUT OF STATE OR RESIDENTS RETURNING TO MASSACHUSETTS MUST FILL OUT A health travel form AND QUARANTINE FOR FOURTEEN (14) DAYS UNLESS THEY PRODUCE A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST ADMINISTERED NO MORE THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE ARRIVING OR AFTER THEY GET TO MASSACHUSETTS.
For additional information on exemptions and quarantine requirements, please visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
THE ARRIVAL EXPERIENCE: Upon arrival, all guests will be asked to have a face-covering/mask on, prior to entering the hotel and in all common areas. This is for your safety as well as that of our team members. We have placed signage and instructions throughout the hotel, as well as distance markers for encouraging social distancing. You will notice plexiglass at our front desk for extra protection for both the guests and the team members. Hand sanitizer, alcohol-based wipes, and a mask will be available for you at check-in.
IN-ROOM AMENITIES: We have decreased touchpoints for your safety. Your guestroom will include individual shampoo, conditioner, and soap as well as hairdryer, iron & ironing board, bathroom scale, and in room safe. Please contact Guest Services ("0") for questions or other needs. Bottled Water & Nespresso Coffee Makers and Coffee Pods are available upon request for your convenience.
NEWSPAPERS: In lieu of traditional newspapers, all guests will have complimentary access to the PressReader App. You may download it upon arrival at the property for your complimentary access.
WELLNESS FOR TEAM MEMBERS & VENDORS: Team members will be screened at each shift by ensuring the following, as per Massachusetts State Guidelines:
- Team member or vendor is not experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.0 and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Team member or vendor has not had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic.
- Team member or vendor has not been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official Workers who fail to meet the above criteria must be sent home.
- Team members or vendors must stay home if feeling ill.
- The hotel has expanded the sick time policy for employees who are feeling ill, experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting test results, or are recovering from COVID-19.
VALET PARKING: Onsite Valet Parking is available. All associates will wear masks gloves, and frequently wash and sanitize hands. Guests are required to wear masks in the garage. Several offsite parking options are available within walking distance to the Battery Wharf Hotel. Valet Parking is $50.00 for overnight stays.
EMPLOYEE PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Personal Protective Equipment will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities. In accordance with state and local regulations, every employee entering the hotel will be required to wear a mask/face covering properly while on property. Gloves will be worn by employees whose responsibilities require them.
GUEST PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Guests and vendors will be required to wear masks/face coverings in all public spaces, including at check-in/check-out, lobby, restaurants, and bars and during all interactions with hotel associates. Masks will be available upon request.
DISINFECTING STANDARDS: The frequency of our enhanced disinfecting standards has been increased with an added emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including but not limited to guestrooms, meeting rooms, outlets, elevators and public areas with an EPA approved Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant effective against emerging viral pathogens and COVID-19, including the recurrent sanitizing of “high touch areas” such as telephones, remote controls, door handles, light switches, elevators, and table tops, among others.
HAND SANITIZER STATIONS: 60% or higher alcohol content hand sanitizer stations have been added around the property and high traffic guest areas, as well as the back of the house team member areas.
ELEVATORS: In order to adhere to physical distancing and in accordance with Massachusetts state regulations, we are limiting to (2) passengers for each elevator ride, or limiting to one (1) family or party. Face coverings/masks are required in elevators. The elevator buttons and handrails are disinfected frequently, and we have also added hand sanitizer stations on all landings throughout the hotel.
- Staircases will be made available for travel between destinations and will be disinfected frequently.
- The hotel is separated into four (4) separate buildings and offers outdoor access between all buildings. There is indoor access as well if needed.
- Hotel rooms are largely located mainly on the first and second floors, minimizing the demand for elevators for all guests.
- Hotel rooms that are located on floors three (3), four (4) and five (5) will reply on elevators by observing physical distancing and use of staircases when possible.
GUESTROOMS: In accordance with the safety standards of Massachusetts state guidelines, guest rooms will remain vacant for 24 hours, as part of cleaning protocol to allow for deep cleaning and sanitizing, disinfectant, and cleaners to dry, and reasonable air exchange. As an additional disinfecting enhancement, our teams use Electrostatic Sprayers in Guestrooms to clean and sanitize surfaces. Windows do open to provide fresh air and staff will only enter occupied rooms at guest request, and rooms must be vacant at the time of service, as per Massachusetts Health & Safety guidelines. Should the need arise for any items to be replenished during your stay, please contact Guest Services by dialing “0” and they will be delivered via a contactless method
CONTACT-LESS EXPERIENCES: For your convenience, we are able to offer several contactless experiences during your stay.
- Contactless check In can be arranged prior to your arrival. Please contact Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-994-9000 to arrange.
- Contactless Check-Out is available. Simply leave keys in the room and you will receive your folio at the email address provided on your reservation.
- Additional services may be able to be arranged. Contact Guest Services at email@example.com or at 617-994-9000 for additional information.
RECREATION & FITNESS CENTER:
- Battery Wharf Fitness Center is temporarily closed.
- Exhale Battery Wharf is open for therapies.
- All associates will wear masks at all times.
- Guests are required to wear masks except for some therapies. Please contact Exhale Battery Wharf for guidance.
- Fitness classes are temporarily suspended.
Please contact Exhale Battery Wharf for additional questions and guidance.
FOOD & BEVERAGE EXPERIENCE:
- Battery Wharf Grille will remain closed until further notice.
- In-Room Dining will remain closed until further notice
- Cafe Amalfi is open for coffee, pastries, snacks, and light bites every day from 7 AM-4 PM.
- Take-out is available from one of the various options open in Boston. We recommend visiting Hanover Street restaurants and one of the many options with outdoor dining available.
MEETINGS & EVENTS:
As per Massachusetts State Policies, meetings and events are approved to take place and must meet the following guidelines:
- Indoor gatherings are currently prohibited.
- For outdoor areas within an enclosed perimeter, up to 25 people are permitted to gather but these areas shall not exceed 25% of the venue’s maximum occupancy. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Site Visits will be done virtually or with appropriate physical distancing when approved and available.
- A health screening form will be completed by all visitors prior to site visits.
For additional guidelines on meetings and events, please contact the Sales team at 617-994-9000.
For additional information, please visit www.mass.gov.